Monday, October 27, 2014

Upstate Watershed Visit


Last week, the Upstate Watershed came to visit us and help teach us about distinct environments and the animals that live in them! We had so much fun and learned so much! This was a perfect introduction to what we will be talking about in science and in our PBL soon! Below is what we learned and some pictures!

I learned that a Leopard Gecko holds water in its tail. And I learned that a dung beetle tools up poop in balls. And also flies lay worms in Caribou. 
-Devin

I learned that nose bat flies go in a nose of a moose. Also a beetle that lives in Africa and eats it. Also I learned that snakes have scales to be moist. 
-Edward

I learned that all animals need natural resources. I there runs out of it they have to move or find other food. They can't survive without it.
-Trenton

I lean red that trees don't grow in tundra because the roots are ice. I also learned that the desert doesn't get much rain. One other thing I learned is cactus and camel store water.
-Mason

I learned that a bullfrog can flatten itself to scare enemies. I also learned there are 2 types of deserts. Finally I learned salamanders store water in their tail. 
-Lucas

I learned that there are 2 types of forests. There is a plain forest that is in our backyard. There is a tropical forest like at a tropical place.
-Graham

I learned that distinct means different. I learned that some animals can't survive in different habitats. I learned adaptations help animals survive.
-Ben

I learned in the grasslands in Africa there is a beetle called a dung beetle. It cleans up manure. If they did not have the dung beetle it would be stinky.
-Bodey

The most important thing I learned is about how animals survive in the wild. It is pretty amazing.
-Matthew

The most important thing I learned was every animal has an environment and we shouldn't mess with their environment. And don't destroy their home unless you want them to destroy your home!
-Kyle

I found out that we have to take care of our Earth. And how animals blend in with their environment. And learning about how animals hunt their food.
-Joe

I learned that every animal lives in the habitat that it needs to survive. Like lions can only live in the grasslands only. That is what I learned.
-Ethan

I learned that not all animals can live in the same climate. Animals have different needs to survive.
-Jaxson

I learned that distinct environments are environments that are different for each animal. For example, a jellyfish lives in whiter when a mole lives in dirt.
-Hayden

The deer population was big. Groups of animals start out as one animal then it gets where it is a daily, then a community, and finally a really big group.
-Hunter

I learned that their are 6 habitats. I learned that animals that live in the rainforest are only bright colors. 
-Nate

I learned that animals live in habitats like scorpions live in the desert. And sharks live in the ocean.
-Dmitriy

I learned that there are 2 different forests. I also learned that annuals always depend on their resources. The last thing I learned was that tundra animals change color. 
-Brandon

I learned that nose bot flies go up animals nose and lay their eggs. I learned that an ostrich egg is as big as a football. I learned that the bullfrog likes to eat meat.
-Colby




















No comments:

Post a Comment