Friday, January 16, 2015

We changed the world!


Hi. I’m Brandon Boling and for my action plan I picked up trash. I picked up trash at McMillan Park, at my house, and at my papas house. It took me 6 hours to pick up trash at those 3 places. I had a lot of work to do when it got to McMillan Park. There was a lot of trash there. Just think, we create all that trash! I think we all can make a change in the world if we all work together! I researched how many people live in Boiling Springs and it said, “Boiling Springs has about 8,900 people in it.” I had to have materials like trash bags and gloves to pick up the trash. The animals that go through the park won’t get hurt anymore and we won’t get hurt either. I love animals and I don’t want them to get hurt. I had a problem and the problem was my parents were too busy to take me to McMillan Park and I fixed it by asking my nana and papa to take me there. Another problem was that if I picked up trash, they might think someone is picking up trash evert day and just keep throwing trash everywhere. Then I will have to keep picking up trash every day and it will keep getting annoying. The more trash I pick up the better it will be. At my school I saw a flyer and it said, “God made a beautiful earth, don’t ruin it.” I am so glad I made a change in my environment.


For my action plan I did flyers and I put save our earth on the front and found a perfect picture for it. On the back I put or this is what our earth will look like and found a picture for that. Then I ask my dad if he could print as many as he can out. I ask about 20 or more. Next when I got my flyers I had to staples on all 4 corners Then the next day I went to hand them out. There were a few problems that came like it was way too cold to be outside so it took me a little bit longer to hand them out because I had to get in the car and hand them out. I still tried as hard as I could. Now that they stopped I see much more recycling bin out every single day. I’m so glad it worked. I think this will go on and on thought out the neighborhood. I don’t think just my neighborhood but many others too. I can do a lot more than that. I want to do more than that. So I can cause a bigger difference in our environment . I really want to have a good life with a good earth. I don’t want anyone else to fill like that ether. I don’t want to go back every single day to hand the flyers out. I can make big posters to hang around my neighborhood.
-Ben Mabry

Here are some photos from some other action plans:



1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Brandon & Ben! I am so proud of you and all your fourth grade friends. You really are changing the way!

    ReplyDelete