Tuesday, September 3, 2013

A Terrific Tuesday

Well, today was quite an eventful day to start our week off! This morning we had a very special visitor... Dr. Patterson! Our principal came to visit us this morning to read us a story called The Day the Crayons Quit. This very entertaining story taught students the importance of being creative and becoming problem solvers, two very important skills to have in fourth grade! The kids really enjoyed our visit with Dr. Patterson and it was great to them interacting with someone who is so important in our school! Below are some pictures of Dr. Patterson reading aloud to the students: 




We ended our day today by getting hands-on with our social studies content! Students got to build a home from our five Native American cultural regions. The students worked very hard and the homes turned out GREAT! I am very impressed with the students' hard work and creativity! Thank you SO much to everyone who donated materials for this fun activity! I am very proud of the students; they worked cooperatively and efficiently the entire time. I heard many positive comments exchanged between groups such as, "Wow, that looks good!" or "You guys are doing a great job!" My students continue to impress me with their willingness to go above and beyond not only academically and behaviorally, but also in terms of their character! What sweet students I have! Below are some pictures of the students in action. Pictures of our finished products will be coming soon! 






1 comment:

  1. Dear Ranchers,
    I had so much fun visiting your class the other day! You are a very bright group of cowpokes! As we learned from the story, always remember that you already have everything you need to be creative and to be problem-solvers! Therefore, I never want to hear you say, "I can't do this!" or "I can't figure this out!" DEAL?! Great! You guys make me proud to be your principal...continue to "Make Success Happen!"
    Dr. P

    ReplyDelete