Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of School

Day 1- Success!

Wow, what a WONDERFUL day we had today! I am SO excited about my sweet new class! Today was filled with routines and procedures, but we DID get to a little learning today! The most exciting part was our science lesson. The students learned the importance of detailed observations and careful communication with our activity entitled "The Thing". In this activity, students had to recreate a structure I had built out of gum drops and toothpicks... but only ONE student in their group was allowed to actually see my creation! The rest of the students had to either relay the message, "buy" the materials, or construct the "thing". Once my creation was revealed and we compared the students' creation to mine, we discussed how scientists use these process skills in experiments. Below are some pictures of students constructing their "thing"! I can't wait to see what tomorrow will hold for us! 











No comments:

Post a Comment